Twylah Fan Page BlogWithIntegrity.com
Willies Warehouse: No Christmas until AFTER Thanksgiving please.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

No Christmas until AFTER Thanksgiving please.

Willies Warehouse is an online retailer for unique and personalized baby gifts and we love our holiday shopping madness as much as the next Capitalist.
BUT MOVING HOLIDAYS UP MUST STOP.

At this rate 'Christmas in July' will no longer be a figure of speech. I actually have family members that are considering moving Thanksgiving dinner to Saturday so that they can get in on the early Black Friday sales.

Willies Warehouse likes their Holidays where they fall. I don't care if we have to work on Monday and have a Holiday on Tuesday. I want my Parades on the day they are supposed to be. Not the weekend before or after.

Holidays used to be special. Everybody had the day off and almost everything was closed. Now the family can't be together because , inevitably, somebody has to be at work. Nothing shuts down. Nothing special anymore.


I used to hate the customers that would come to shop on Holidays.
" I can't believe they're making you work on a Holiday", they would say.
I'd reply, " I can't believe you're shopping on a Holiday and making my Boss make me come in".

So in support of my 16 year-old self, The Warehouse would like to actively encourage you to stay home with the family. Unplug. Hug your kids. Enjoy life at a slower pace for a day. It's a Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment