Twylah Fan Page BlogWithIntegrity.com
Willies Warehouse: Our Shopping Cart Dilemna

Friday, October 28, 2011

Our Shopping Cart Dilemna

So the big question we have for anybody out there..... why so many filled shopping carts on the website without a purchase?
Full disclosure, we are a relatively new online retailer here at www.willieswarehouse.com. But our research shows that we have products that people like at competitive prices.
So is it the shipping costs?
Just Shopping?
Dead Links?
Not loving the product mix?
Please help us out. We are sincerely committed to bringing you the best service possible. Sometimes we get so close to this we can't see the forest for the trees.
We may even throw in some free shipping if you post!

3 comments:

  1. I may be facing the same situation. This article had some good insights:

    http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/03/smallbusiness/abandoned_shopping_carts/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. Good article.
    We did adjust our shipping rates on Ebay and Amazon.com but no significant change yet. Perhaps a holiday promotion will do the trick on the main web site.
    www.willieswarehouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know about your site, but the reason I abandon others is for two reasons: hassle and hidden shipping costs.

    Hassle: I want to buy one simple item and then I have to "register" like I'm applying to adopt a baby. Argh. home address, work address, home, cell, fax numbers, email addresses, blood type (OK not the last, but it seems like it) -- and EVERY STUPID CATEGORY IS ASTERISKED AS "NECESSARY". Arghh. Sorry, Control Freak People, you just lost my sale. (not you Willie, the other sites I'm complaining about.) Let me just BUY your item without keeping a dossier. Let me GIVE YOU MY MONEY as easily as possible.

    Hidden Shipping Costs. You don't need to see my address at the end to tell me my shipping. Many friendly sites have shipping cost calculators based on zip codes. You choose an item and SEE the shipping costs before you have to jump through all the hoops.

    See, some merchants seem to want to pump the profit with the shipping costs, so they hide that data like it's a state secret. Perhaps not you, but if shipping costs are going to be the deal breaker for a customer, find a way to let him see the numbers as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete